As a tinnitus sufferer, you know how important it is to maintain your hearing as much as possible. One of the best ways to do this is to avoid loud noises.
What Causes Tinnitus Could Make It Worse?
There are several causes of tinnitus, but the most common cause of it is damage to the auditory cells located in the inner ear. This can be a cause of exposure to very loud noises. If you have constant exposure to loud noise, or run the risk of exposure, consider these tips:
- Protect your ears whenever you could face exposure to loud noise by wearing noise reducing ear protection.
- Take steps to minimize noise levels such as avoid sitting near the television speakers or radio speakers at home.
- Wear earplugs whenever you could be exposed, such as visiting a loud restaurant or a musical engagement
Loud noise may be uncomfortable to many tinnitus sufferers. Be sure to let your family know this. That way, they know better than to turn up the volume or to scream too close to you. Having a support group of family and friends can help, too.
Where Are The Loud Noises?
Where are the loud noises you experience often?
Do any of these locations cause you to feel uncomfortable?
- A public restaurant or bar, especially those that are crowded
- Loud television or radios
- IPods and earphones
- Concerts, public meetings, other outings like amusement parks
- Yelling and shouting at home
- Sports events especially crowded events like professional games
- Commuting to work
Does this mean that you cannot enjoy life the way you like to? No, but you just need to take extra precautions to do so. Avoiding loud noises may be something you have to consider. For example, if you are heading to a restaurant for dinner, you may need to use earplugs, so you pack them in your bag. You may or may not need them, but if you do, they are easy to use and usually inconspicuous to use, too.
Seeking out holistic forms of treatment can make living with tinnitus easier to do. Protect your ears from worsening by avoiding those loud noises. Treat the condition using all natural methods that will not worsen it like some medications.